Institute for Biomedical Informatics (IBI) Membership
The mission of IBI is to translate data to knowledge using the latest technology, methodology, and tools for advancing science, engineering, medicine, and improving human health. The IBI is a campus-wide center for enabling and driving data-intensive multidisciplinary research. We invite you to apply and become part of our growing team.
Membership to the IBI is free, and as a member, you will receive many valuable benefits, including:
- Professional development – seminars, workshops, training programs
- A broad network of researchers, clinicians, educators, industrial partners, and other campus centers
- Educational and academic program development
- Mentor/mentee opportunities
- Access to tools, data and computational resources and pilot funding
The following individuals are eligible for membership in the IBI:
- UK faculty from any college or department engaged in peer-reviewed, informatics, data-intensive, or computational research.
- Clinical faculty who engage in clinical informatics or provide leadership in developing translational, clinical data resources to advance translational research.
Formal Membership Evaluation Process
A formal application review process by the IBI Membership Committee will be conducted to determine applicants who best fit the Institute’s research objectives and future vision. The Membership Committee will make IBI member recommendations to IBI Directors and Steering Committee for approval.
Eligible candidates may request consideration for membership at any time. Interested individuals should submit required items to Connie Vaughn at email@example.com.
Rights and Responsibilities
IBI Members are expected to do the following:
- Contribute intellectual resources through collaborative engagement in informatics and data science areas, including applied, translational and/or clinical research
- Serve on designated IBI review committees, task forces and other duties as assigned
- Participate in training programs, mentoring activities or educational seminars
- Represent the Institute and its programs both within the community and at regional and national meetings in an appropriate and professional manner
- Provide annually updated curriculum vitae and other information necessary for properly representing the status of IBI programs and participants
- Acknowledge IBI membership in informatics-related publications that were published while working on IBI projects
Review and Renewal of Membership
The UK IBI membership will remain in effect on an annual basis, and members will be bi-annually reviewed for engagement in research, education and related activities. Members will need to submit an updated curriculum vitae and NIH formatted Biosketch along with a summary of activities related to the IBI.